Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Friday, July 10, 2015

Summer Food

I love summer food. I always want to eat Mediterranean style food at this time of year. So we did....

We had a kind of Greek mezze plate the other night.  
Chicken kababs, hummus, tzatziki sauce, pitas, tomatoes and basil, lemon roasted potatoes, and zucchinis.

We also finally got a few things out of the garden. One of my favorite kids picked out the pepper plant for me....it's a winner. 

The potato harvest has been pretty good - some onions and garlic as well.

I'm hoping that we'll have a few more drier (and warmer) days to give the rest of the garden to catch up.

Happy Friday everyone! Have you dried up yet? Still in the swamp?


3 comments:

Kev Alviti said...

No sweet peppers growing this year but if I did they don;t ripen until the end of august! I'm jealous!

Vera said...

No potatoes, peppers, or garlic here this year, but next year we intend to. Glad things have dried up for you.

David said...

Swampy here still, but getting onions, tons of lettuce, eggplants off the hook. Just harvested the garlic yesterday. This is the best time to be eating from the garden!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...