Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Friday, July 17, 2015

It WAS a better day!

I almost didn't believe it but yesterday WAS a better day! There was gardening, weeding, chain sawing, gravel hauling, and a little bit of 'hey you chickens! get out of there' going on. It was great! Just like summer.

See this tomato? It's gonna ripen. Oh yes it will.

The weather guy is saying that after a few more unsettled days that we will fall in a 10 day period, or so, of sunny, summer, and and rainless days. I can't wait. I don't even care if it will be hot.

Of course, you know that I'll be complaining about the hot soon enough but I'll try and keep it to a minimum. Maybe. It we go from yesterday morning's 50* to today's possible heat index of 100*... I might complain. A little.

This little green apple? It's gonna sweeten. Oh yes it will.

All I can think about is blue skies and glorious sun. I might even be able to resurrect the garden!

Happy Friday everyone! Is your summer about to have a turn around?


1 comment:

Vera said...

..... and we have had a wee drop of rain! Things are looking up!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...