Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"Fresh" Peach Cobbler in Winter

I just gotta show you the smartest thing I never thought of....  Remember last summer (when everyone was happy) and I had all those peaches? Back then I made a ton of peach cobbler and then scooped it up and put it in plastic tubs for the freezer.

This is the pay off... you see I have this little ceramic dish that is just about the same size.

So I did a little flippin'....

And a little floppin'...


And into the oven....

And voila! "Fresh" peach cobbler even if its barely into spring! I didn't even plan this - it just worked out. Wow.. if only I had put some effort into thinking and planning this out...

Guess what is for breakfast?

Happy Tuesday everyone!

7 comments:

Mr. H. said...

Mmmmm!

Our one and only peach tree was girded by voles this past winter...no peaches for Mr. and Mrs. H this year.:(

But! I will replant and someday soon I too can have frozen peach cobbler in April.:)

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

That was a good idea, now you have more work to do this year :o) LOL

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

That was a good idea, now you have more work to do this year :o) LOL

Mavis said...

Yummmalish... Now I'm off to find a freezer container that matches my casarole dish! Smart Idea :)

Grandpa said...

I like it too when 'things fall into place". Enjoy your breakfast pal.

Grandpa
Life on The Farm

Chai Chai said...

You can have the same claim to fame as Issac Newton, do you think he new an apple was going to fall on his head? Serendipity!

Ohiofarmgirl said...

Hey Mr. H! I planted some of the pits and they really took off! So I'm hoping all have my own supply soon. We love getting them from our fav orchard tho for now.

Ginny, the work is never done. Just when I get a break I think of 9 other things I should be doing.

I'm sure you have a coupon for one! I just bought more of those freezer containers, on sale at the Dollar store, with a coupon. Yeah baby!

Does everyone know Mavis? She's totally fun. And very smart with her shopping dollars:
http://100dollarsamonth.blogspot.com/

Thanks Grandpa, it was delish!

Ha! CC, I hope don't have to fall on my head. Or maybe something will fall out of the freezer on my head. Or something. Anyway there was cobbler involved. tee hee hee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...