Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Thursday, March 11, 2010

Goat-a-palooza 2010

Great GoogleyMoogley we've got goats!

What can I say...a picture is worth a thousand words and right now I'm a little speechless. We got goats!  Today our Debbie gave us these little squeakers.... I had no idea they would make funny little noises but they do. And they were bigger than I thought. Like a big skinny cat with really long legs.

More details tomorrow but until then feast your eyes on these little cuties:

They found the milk supply.. hey you goats! Get away from that milk - I need goat cheese. Geez....

Debbie was really lovin' on them... I didn't know how she'd do because I don't think her previous owner let her raise her babies.  She was doing great with them. I fed her really well, got her a big drink, and rubbed her all over. No problems at all.



Seriously - how cute is that little face? This was less than an hour after his big arrival and he was up and standing.


This little girl was very fuzzy.. kinda teddy bear like.







I just checked them and everyone is just fine. The little girl was standing there head butting her momma... it was very cute. Its been a goat-tastic day and now I'm going to bed.

10 comments:

Chai Chai said...

Congrats on the wonderfully cute new goats! Could it just possibly be that the goat "farmhands" are exempt from the "casual disregard" rule?

Have you picked out any names yet?

basicliving@backtobasicliving.com said...

Awwwwwwwwwww! TOO cute!!!!! That little boy has the best markings! The black frames his sweet face so well. The little girl is too precious too. *sigh* Glad they finally. Congratulations!

West Seattle said...

So super cute. I love the fuzzy wuzzy one! We'll show the pictures to Mookie this weekend!

Weekend Cowgirl said...

Aww, they are super cute and pretty markings... We just have "boys" so have no baby goats!

Ohiofarmgirl said...

Thanks everyone! They are doing GREAT! Both babies are up and about..the momma is also doing really well. No names yet as the black and white boy will go to the neighbors as a 4H project..and the little girl may be "Ginger." Hope that she takes after her momma and will be a spectacular milker. They are sooooo cute.

freemotion said...

Gasp! Does that boy really have a little black nose and black lip-liner? How cute is that???

Give them smoochies for me, and an extra sloppy kiss for Debbie for doing such a fine job!

Mimi said...

This is why I could never have a farm. I wouldn't be able to give away/sell/eat anything as cute as that. I'd end up with goats crowding in on goats, standing on goats because I'd want to keep them all.

Sally said...

Hi OFG, it's me BBH!

Those are the sweetest little goaties, ahhh soo cute!! CONGRATS!!

I want goats now!

Dodi said...

It's amazing isn't it? To watch them take their first breaths and the mom cleaning them and enouraging them to stand and nurse. I'm so glad you are getting to enjoy them!

Ohiofarmgirl said...

Heh heh heh... well, there is a bit more to the story.... I'll let that cat out of the bag in a day or so. But yes the whole process was "something to see"...and I may or may not have ruined the neighbor kids.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...