Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Monday, July 29, 2013

Yesterday was perfect

Yesterday was the kind of day my city friends think I have every day - it was perfect. The truth is days like that are one in a million - so I enjoyed every second of it.


I got up early, worked outside all day, then had a terrific salad from my yard for supper. Our weather has been stunning. Instead of the hottest time of the year we've had September-like sunshine and low humidity. At this point I don't even care if we have a early frost and winter - this weather is worth it. The forecast says it will be like this for the next week and I'm going to soak up every minute of it.


Everyone was outside and happy. The chickens clucked around, the little turkeys gobbled their glee, the goats were (mostly) well behaved, and no one died. Any day without a barnyard casualty is fabulous.

Today is all about making pickles.

Happy Monday everyone! Are you having a fabulous day?

2 comments:

David said...

we're getting it up here too and loving it! took an extra day off to play in the sun...

Unknown said...

It's cooler so I'm happy! 90's instead on 100s!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...