Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Thursday, August 7, 2014

Feelin' Saucy

There is going to be a mutiny around here unless I get more pizza sauce made. So today is about making and canning tomato sauce.

The big tomato.

My sauce tomatoes aren't ready yet so I'll be using some big ones like this. Not only are they nice and meaty but they are very delicious.

Happy Thursday everyone! Are you feelin' saucy?


2 comments:

Vera said...

No, no sauciness going on here! Does messing about with melon balls count?

Fiona from Arbordale Farm said...

I am dreaming of tomatoes like that. We can grow cherry tomatoes all year around but it is hard to grow nice big ones like that without getting fruit fly in them. Have fun making sauce.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...