Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Friday, August 22, 2014

So that's where they are....

I couldn't figure out where all my eggs were....

Found them. 

And then found this malcontent in her new hiding spot. Do you see her? Look closer....

Chickens.  I see you, Missy! Now give me that egg!

Happy Friday everyone! Did you find your eggs?


2 comments:

buddeshepherd said...

We handle hay in blocks of 56 bales which are picked up by a large squeeze clamp mounted on a very large forklift.
I stabbed the forks into the stack to pull out a block and a frantic chicken squirted out...
I found the nest.
The chicken fared better than the eggs.

Vera said...

We don't have a 'proper' hen house so our girls lay eggs all over the place. It is an ongoing game between the hens and us as to where they are going to lay their next egg stash!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...